VOIP is Making Everyone More Productive
Communication is essential for success of any business. Technologies that promise to enhance the method in which people communicate in a business environment have always found quick adoption among enterprises. VoIP, because of the great transformation it has brought to the business communications arena, has managed no differently.
VoIP services provides irrefutable advantages to businesses of all scales and sizes. Here is a quick look:
- VoIP aids companies to move from a capital expenditure model to operational expenditure model.
- These services can be accessed on your existing devices.
- In conjugation with IoT, VoIP is set to become a driver for enterprises toward achieving the futuristic “smart office” concept, where phones can communicate with all types of devices.
- VoIP connections are secure, stable, and provide value-added services such as call forwarding, teleconferencing, autoresponders, and a lot more.
Dynamics of the VoIP Market:
Right from the time of foundation of VoIP technology to today, there has never been a year where the growth of the technology has stagnated, and that’s true across every segment within this market. 2019 year saw a lot of growth as expected. Reports differ on the number of VoIP installations worldwide but it’s an estimated number that there are already 1 billion connections are in use. No other communication technology has showcased such rollicking growth numbers for like long duration. Apart from all the benefits that VoIP technology provides to the enterprises, there have been other aspects that are likely to contribute to its growth.
- The market is still away from being saturated, new players enter all the time, causing existing competition to intensify, and end users benefit from it.
- A National Regulatory Research Institute (NRRI) report suggests that 41 states in the US have minimized or eliminated their wired telecom oversight in favor of VoIP.
- Already, VoIP is the No. 1 telephone service option chosen by US businesses, with 36 percent of them opting for this technology and Clarity Technologies Group is one of the top providers in the US.
- Many states have authorized and prepared for sunsetting of copper landline services, nudging telecom companies to put resources toward developing VoIP and other similar future-ready ways of communication.
An Enabler of Unified Communication:
Voice telephony is not the only communication channel relevant for the modern enterprise. Data, voice, video, mobile, and ideally, enterprises look to accumulate all of these into a single platform. This allows the delivery of a unified communications platform for end users. VoIP technology, it turns out, is the basis of unified communications. It allows functionalities such as instant messaging, voice calling, teleconferencing, video calling, and group video calling using the same workflow, and from any device allowed with a suitable VoIP application. This allows end users to communicate quickly, effectively, and in a way that makes information transmission secure and reliable.
How it is Enabling Communication Mobility:
Mobility is the essential catalyst responsible for the unabated growth of VoIP technology. The three reasons why enterprises still using traditional telephony are looking to switch to VoIP solutions are:
- The need to forward calls to their mobile devices.
- The need for a flexible voicemail system that can be easily accessed via a mobile device.
- The need for a phone system that enabled interoperability with existing mobile phones.
- Startups in IP telephony market are investing heavily in Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and HD Voice, among other advanced communication technologies. Expect many mergers and acquisitions in this space in 2019, as incumbents are looking forward to buying out startups with highly niche capabilities in allowing enterprises to enjoy the best of IP telephony and communications mobility.
High-Quality Voice Communication:
Low-quality of voice data transmission across continents has been a massive productivity roadblock for enterprises. Almost 20 years ago, when VoIP technology made its first impression in the communications market, there were real and genuine concerns about voice quality. Bandwidth availability and stress on existing network are the necessary determiners of quality of voice over VoIP.
The big four cell service providers have worked in tandem with voice quality engineers for extended periods and addressed these challenges to a great degree. All these providers, for instance, offer HD Voice and VoLTE services, Cloud-based VoIP and cellular network-based VoIP services, today, promise supremely rich voice quality, both over voice and video calling. More players are providing similar services to SMBs, startups, as well as enterprises, leveraging advanced software and cloud-based computing potentials.
Advances in Interoperability:
In the past few years, user experience of VoIP services has made rapid advances. However, there are still concerns and inconsistencies across the interoperability factors. Mostly, this is a result of the breakneck speed on which business communication functions have been ported to smartphones. Meeting planning, conference calls, email, data analysis, project planning you name it, and mobile devices support these functions both via hardware and software components. This has nudged VoIP innovators into investing more resources toward assuring the smooth coming together of mobile communications and back-office operations.
Integration with Apps:
Multitasking workforces are blessings to the modern enterprise. Employees prefer to complete their tasks without switching between applications, devices, and platforms. In synchronization with this trend, it’s seen that enterprise applications provide ease of integration with third-party apps and services. In the times to come, we will witness a lot of integration with products and cloud-based platforms using APIs. For example, customer relationship management application suites and help desk program can be easily integrated by using these APIs. This trend toward all-encompassing integration with cloud-based VoIP applications and enterprise workforce will aid companies reach their productivity goals.
Take it to the next level:
VoIP technology has grown by leaps and bounds and continues to grow. Enterprises that are looking to take their communications power to the next level need to track the latest trends from the VoIP world, to be able to adopt them and grab the first mover’s benefit.
Clarity is proud to have been providing one premises and Cloud Hosted Telephony to the America’s and the world since 2006. Our clients are worldwide and currently using our unified communications platform. Clarity Technologies Group, LLC surpasses expectations.
Call Clarity at 800-354-4160 today or email us at [email protected]. We are partnered internationally around the globe and we are open seven days a week 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST/EDT. https://claritytg.com and https://dotmantech.com.