how to improve your search engine ranking on google: Myths and Reality
What is RankBrain?
RankBrain is another important machine learning-based search engine algorithm that helps Google to process search results to offers highly relevant search results for users. It’s optimization is crucial for SEO.
RankBrain mainly aims to help Google to refine queries. However, it is also used to help rank web pages.
Important Google updates
- Fred – Check the low value and repeated content
- Panda – Check duplicate or thin content
- Penguin-Poor backlinks
- Hummingbird – Search intent, then literal search
- Pirate – This update checks software and digital media piracy and mobile-friendliness
- Pigeon – Check for the preference of the local results
Recent Algorithm Changes
Algorithm changes in 2020 are centered around reducing the effectiveness of old-school search engine optimization techniques. An algorithm change is usually similar to ‘community service’ for the business impacted negatively.
If your pages were not designed according to recent white hat SEO methods, then Google will identify this and lower your site rankings.
Google will continue to do so until you clean your pages up. However, if Google thinks your links are manipulative and using a spamming method, they want them cleaned up, too.
What is Mobile SEO?
Mobile SEO is the process of designing a website to make it suitable for viewing on mobile devices of different screen sizes that have lower bandwidth.
Apart from all the rules which are an application for the desktop website. However, you need to take some additional care while designing a website for mobile devices.
Important attributes for mobile-friendly websites are:
- A good mobile website should have a responsive design
- The contents of a mobile website should be readable without having to zoom the screen.
- The mobile SEO friendly site should have appropriate fonts, colors, and layouts.
- It should have buttons that can be easily interfaced with the help of your finger.
- The mobile-optimized site should have important links that are displayed on the Home Page so that they get enough visibility.
Myths about SEO
Here, are some common myths about the SEO:
|You can pay for traffic to get the desired SEO result.||No, In fact, this type of strategy is coming under the “black hat” technique, and it is highly recommended to not follow it in any way.|
|SEO is not that fast.||Yes, it is true as you need to option to get the desired result in the search engine ranking.|
|It is just about optimizing Google.||No, today, SEO is not just for Google anymore. There’s a number of different platforms like bing and yahoo, etc. It also depends on your business.|
|SEO is a difficult method.||No, that is not correct as once you understand SEO, it is not that hard.|
|It is not legal.||It is legitimate and normal if done in a “white hat” way. Today, lots of companies able to enhance their business by using the correct SEO method.|
Advantages of SEO
Here, are the important benefits\ pros of using SEO:
- Search engine optimization is the easiest method which helps you to make your site visible
- Various SEO techniques help you to get more traffic on your websites.
- The most effective way for the branding of your product on Google.
- Increase visibility on Search Engines.
- Convert a local business into International Business.
- It methods allow search engines to find out what each page is about and how it can use for users.
Disadvantages of SEO
Here are the cons/drawbacks of using SEO:
- SEO is a slow process, so sometimes it took months or years to get the desired result.
- Not a very transparent process so there are plenty of things to consider for measuring it.
- There are so many things that are not in your control, so it requires constant efforts & optimizations.
- Combination of skills – tech + content + analytics
Clarity is proud to have been providing Digital Marketing services to America and the world since 2006. Our clients are Worldwide currently using our unified communications platform. Clarity Technologies Group, LLC surpasses expectations.
Call Clarity at 800-354-4160 today or email us at [email protected]. We are partnered internationally around the globe and we are open seven days a week 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST/EDT. https://claritytg.com and https://dotmantech.com.